|Dating: How to Quickly Get the Talk and the Fun Going
Conversation. It seems like it should be the easiest thing to have and yet many people in dating situations - when they don't know their partner - struggle like crazy to think of something to say. In dating, as in life, conversation is a skill you've got to have or learn fast. But if you're shy - or with someone who is shy - how do you get the conversation going?
A good talk is often only one good starter question away. So study up and arm yourself with great openers like the ones on the list below. You may find that once you get onto the right subject, that silent partner sitting across the table could set some kind of new talking record. Get the Guinness people on the phone!
Dating Conversation Starters
1. So, how long have you been dating extremely attractive people? (wait for the nervous laughter to subside)
2. What do you do when you want to relax?
3. What super power would you most want to have?
4. What's the last truly memorable movie you saw?
5. Which animals make the best pets?
6. When you were a kid, what did you think you wanted to be when you grew up?
7. Where do you spend the holidays?
8. What would you do with a million dollars?
9. Other than your mother, who do you most admire?
10. What's the coolest job in the world?
11. What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
12. What's the biggest goal you'd like to accomplish in the next 5 years?
The key to great conversation is really to listen and respond. Many people are so nervous when they meet new people that they sit there frantically trying to think of something to say that they hope makes them look attractive or interesting. But nothing is more attractive than a partner who really listens and pays attention.
Obviously, if no one is talking, you have to make the effort to talk and find a topic you both like. But if your companion is talking about their work or interests, don't allow your mind to wander. Really focus in. Ask questions - if you don't have a specific question, you can just say "tell me more about that."
Ask great questions and learn to listen and you will soon find that you have a reputation as "great company" even if you barely said a thing during the whole date!
Jamie has a passion for getting people to find each other, start dating and fall in love. This mission in life led to the creation of JamiesDatingSites.com. Get more information regarding dating.